Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Hour

One of the cons of working in the tents is that we live in an icebox. One of the pros is that there's an open bar:Yeah, I'm not kidding. Captain Morgan sponsored this lounge/bar area in our tent. It's pretty nice. Sofas, snacks and all the alcohol you can drink.

The thing is - the bar is only open when the convention is in session. This is when I (and most journalists) are working. It closes the moment they slam that gavel on the podium.

What. A. Tease.

On the plus side, they gave us T-shirts...

...which we are using to stay warm. I'd rather have a complimentary gin and tonic do that job.

The Captain himself has been seen wondering the area. I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture earlier this week (like Wonkette did). As I was grabbing my free Diet Coke just now I asked the bartender if she expected an apperance today. She cryptically repiled that the Captain "and his entourage" (?) show up on their own time. Ah, Pirates.

No comments: