Monday, September 1, 2008

America: F*ck Yeah!

Before all the drama yesterday involving my laptop and a hurricane, I had a chance to check out our our nation's capital: The Mall of America.





At one time, this was the biggest mall in the US. I'm not sure if it still is, but according to their website: "Mall of America is big enough to hold 32 Boeing 747s." Sweet.


I also have distinct childhood memories of watching a travel documentary (showcase?) about the mall. A mecca of capitalism. And, it has an amusement park! Inside!!


It really is massive. And kind of your worst nightmare -screaming children, large Midwestern tourists, pre-teen girls -all swarming through the shops and restaurants.

The mall shops span the perimeter of the amusement park. I think it's a mile walk to get around the whole thing.



Unfortunately, I won't be here for "Scrapfest'08."


My store! Surprisingly, I didn't see a "Short Girl" shop.

No comments: