Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Get Around

The GOP had a truncated schedule yesterday due to Gustav, and I finished work early. I have zero VIP connections, but a friend does. So, we made our way over to Minneapolis to check out a fancy Republican party and a fancy Republican concert.

The party had fresh-baked cookies and a flag in my Diet Coke. Conservatives: God love em'.

Then, it was on to the concert. Can you guess who was playing?

Yep. I have video proof. Brian Wilson was there, John Stamos was not. But that didn't keep the (largely white, male and older) crowd from partying like it was 1969. The first concert I ever went to was a Beach Boys concert. As I was ten at the time, I don't remember much about it, but I'm guessing the set list hasn't changed much over the years. They rocked it out.

I heard a story about a party at the DNC Convention that ended with an impromptu duet of "Gold Digger" starring Kanye West and Jamie Foxx. Poor Republicans - The Beach Boys are about as hip as they get.

No comments: