Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Where the Elephants Roam

With only one day (praise Jesus!) left in the convention, I guess I should post some pictures of our RNC workspace.

They really rolled out the red ($360) carpet for us here.

This time, instead of working in a freezing tent, we're in a freezing gymnasium. Also, the overhead lights have gone from non-existent, to interrogation-bright. I believe I've lost all sense of time.

Here's a handy map of the Xcel Center complex. It's not handy at all because the complex is actually more of a giant maze and not one of the 4,000 volunteers wondering around here have any idea where anything is.
A view of a another gymnasium-type workspace adjacent to ours. The random car down there is some sort of promotional thing. The journalists walking by it can barely afford bikes, so I'm not sure it was the most brilliant marketing strategy.

The convention floor. This is the view from the press stand.

Tomorrow, all of these balloons will fall on John McCain's head.

And, finally: proof that I'm actually here (and that St. Paul is windy).

No comments: